"BIG FOOT 39"
After the batteries
for the motor had been moved into the cabine,
now the breaksystem was relocated .
The air tanks
were dismounted and the support frame grinded off. The hoses of the air-brake
system got markers
The plan was to
move the airtanks, air dryer and the 4-circuit brake safety valve to the right
all would just fit between the flexible cardan shaft, frame and staircase. So I
welded a support for the air tank belts.
support is fixed with screws to the frame insert shells were welded in, to
prevent that the steel gets deformed, when the screws are fixed tight (and
afterwards eventually the screws loosen).
When I made the
„fit test“ of the air tanks I unfortunately realized that the motorized
stairs hit the air tank when it is slid in. So I had to give 5 cm more space (thats
why the final support look different to the top picture).
Finally the parts were galvanised. The big unit takes the air dryer and the 4-circuit brake
safety valve on the left is a socket for the 24V Nato-plug, which
will be mounted on the cabine, next to the drivers cabine.
This is a look
from the rear wheel onto the air tanks, mounted with the new air tank belts to
my support construction. On the right you see the pantograph mechanism of the
stair which wasn’t in drive position when I tested the fit the first time and
therefore hit the tanks with the first edition of the support.
point of view:
The air dryer and the 4-circuit brake
And as well
this from a different angle. The professional mechanic, who helped me was paying
similar to me as well attention that the „look“ is nice:
And this is the
now the left side: Lots of space!
To be continued!!!