Big Foot 33 Besucher/Visitors
Counter

Home
Nach oben

"BIG FOOT 33"

or 

2006_04_08

or

"various Modifications"

 

 

When bought in the very beginning of the project the Recaro-seats the power-supply-cables and the pressure hoses were simply placed in the rear of the driver cabin. This was the quickest way but it looked ugly. So my plan was to hide everything. Furthermore the connectors had been in conflict with the base of the seats when sliding them for- or backwards. As a result the power-supply cables were simply pulled out of the plugs. My final solution was, to bring everything from underneath. The base of the drivers-cabin now no longer looks that tidy but this was the ultimate way to get them out of the inner of the cabin.

 

 

I was really lucky to get hold by Ebay of a Recaro-seat with integrated 3-point safety belt. This one I have put in now as well. Maybe I will be lucky and find another one for my wife Ė our son is no longer keen on joining us!

 

 

In the dashboard had been left of the TFT-monitor three drills (for indicator lights??) which were covered by a black-sprayed aluminium stripe which already lost the paint! So it really looked ugly. Because I need for my PDA and the GPS-finder anyhow two additional 12V plugs I built three into a stripe of 6 mm thick hard-plastic. I donít think that it looks as something just to hide some drills.

 

 

The drivers cabin was isolated to achieve an even better heating in winter, a little bit of protection against heat in summer and although very minimal a little bit of noise reduction.

Isolation of cabins was discussed heavily in various forums. The short version of the result was the recommendation for LIVING cabins to integrate a sealing before building in the isolation. Alternatively an air-circulation should be guarantied to get rid of humidity between steel-wall and isolation. A 100% sealing is in the drivers cabin impossible. A big enough gap (2 cm or plus) for air-circulation was not possible either. 

So I pressed Trocellen (a foam with closed bubbles which does not suck water) plates of 2 cm thickness between the columns without gluing it to the walls. At the rear I laid it double and glued the two plated together with gluing-spray. Unfortunately it was too tight in edges of the rear wall when putting back in the cover. So I had to cut of a stripe of 10 cm over the complete height. The double Trocellen-plates in the top of the cabin I had to reduce to one again because of conflicts with the top-cover. But 2 cm are still better than nothing.

The steel is profiled so there remains a 5 mm big gap to the isolation. Furthermore the driver cabin has a very good air ventilation so the above version seems to be acceptable for the drivers cabin. (Photo show partly finished isoltion in the top. In the rear you can the profiled steel.)

 

Prior to forget it and without photos:

Thrusday I had technical inspections - both without any complaints! 

Index ] Camper Info ] Big Foot Links ] Big Foot 01 ] Big Foot 02 ] Big Foot 03 ] Big Foot 04 ] Big Foot 05 ] Big Foot 06 ] Big Foot 07 ] Big Foot 08 ] Big Foot 09 ] Big Foot 10 ] Big Foot 11 ] Big Foot 12 ] Big Foot 13 ] Big Foot 14 ] Big Foot 15 ] Big Foot 16 ] Big Foot 17 ] Big Foot 18 ] Big Foot 19 ] Big Foot 20 ] Big Foot 21 ] Big Foot 22 ] Big Foot 23 ] Big Foot 24 ] Big Foot 25 ] Big Foot 26 ] Big Foot 27 ] Big Foot 28 ] Big Foot 29 ] Big Foot 30 ] Big Foot 31 ] Big Foot 32 ] [ Big Foot 33 ] Big Foot 34 ] Big Foot 35 ] Big Foot 36 ] Big Foot 37 ] Big Foot 38 ] Big Foot 39 ] Big Foot 40 ] Big Foot 41 ] Big Foot 42 ] Big Foot 43 ] Big Foot 44 ] Big Foot 45 ] Big Foot 46 ] Big Foot 47 ] Big Foot 48 ] Big Foot 49 ] Big Foot 50 ] Big Foot 51 ] Big Foot 52 ] Big Foot 53 ] Big Foot 54 ]
Stand: 24. September 2010